Back to School in September Nahhh. Children First.Always. That is when it is the adults in education acting like children.
I took a well needed break with the family and drove down to Florida. I had plenty of time to think during the 2,000+ mile drive and poolside. Anytime I wanted to laugh I pulled out my phone and read the 15+ allegations made against me by:
Principal Linda Hill– Who I called in financial misconduct investigations on
Assistant Principal Joanne Aguirre-Who I called in a harassment complaint with the Office of Equal Opportunity on
And my favorite…
Past UFT Chapter Leader Richard Candia– who I successfully unseated when I made history and won the election from the “rubber room”.
The more I read them the more I pictured my accusers afraid, unprofessional and grasping at straws or like drowning frogs grasping on to a feather (as a fellow Rubber Roomie put it).
Here is an email I just received stating I am to return to the network office in Ozone Park instead of educating the youth this September. It’s been a whopping 120 days since I was removed. As I looked at the dates my allegations were called in I noticed Rich made about 9 in April as we approached elections and I was removed. Lol. I’m laughing, but the story is quite sad, because who really loses The students. Children First Always
—-From: “Conte Maureen” Date: Aug 23, 2012 11:12 AM Subject: SEPTEMBER 4, 2012 -REPORTING BACK To: , Cc: “Thompson Shawn”
File # 0762606
Our records indicate that as of August 23, 2012, your situation remains unresolved (i.e., open criminal matter, ongoing investigation, pending charges under State Education Law 3020A, etc.)
Therefore, you remain reassigned to a Central site. On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 please report to:
Shawn Thompson, Human Resource Director
82-01 Rockaway Blvd.
Ozone Park, NY 11416
Please resume the same schedule you followed during the 2011-2012 school year. Continue to use Cybershift to record your arrival and departure each day. Be reminded, the first time you use your badge you may see an invalid message. Please wait a few seconds and swipe your badge again.
If you have lost your Cybershift badge, please respond to this email. You will receive instructions on how to get a replacement badge. There is a fee of $10 payable to the NYCDOE/DFO for a replacement badge.
If you were never issued a Cybershift badge, please let us know. You will receive instructions on how to obtain a Cybershift badge.
Please Call Reassigned Staff Tracking Team at 212-374-0308 to confirm receipt of this email.
Reassigned Staff Tracking Team
I’m itching to share these allegations, but I think DOE Office of Labor Relations and Administrative Trials Unit might pull a “you are impeding an investigation”. I think I may have no choice though. The public needs to know why the public school system is failing. It’s not the educators.
Below is an email I just sent to DOE attorneys to appeal my FOIL request:
Date: Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Subject: Appealing FOIL Request F8467
To: CJackson-Chase@schools.nyc.gov, firstname.lastname@example.org, JBaranello3@schools.nyc.gov, email@example.com, DMWalcott@schools.nyc.gov, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Good morning Ms. Jackson-Chase,
I received the attached notice in response to the below FOIL request I made back on March 31, 2012. I requested the time cards for my Principal, Linda Hill, and Assistant Principal, Denise Diacomanolis of Berta Dreyfus R049 from 2009 to 2012. After 3 months I received only partial time cards and only some related per session sheets. The response attached states that additional searches were conducted and no records were conducted. The partial files I did received indicated that perhaps questionable financial practices were conducted. An anonymous email sent to me by a staff member tells me that even more potential financial misconduct took place during the 2010-2012 school year that is missing.
1. R049 witnesses state that in early April (just after my request), an unidentified man came into the main office and was given the time cards I requested by Principal Linda Hill’s secretary.
2. Less than a month after my request I was reassigned from R049 and placed at R049’s Network office, CFN 211, where time cards appear to be held. During that time I witnessed a man, only known to me as Ralph, shred a very large amount of time cards and related per session sheets and other documents on a daily basis. See video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch v=muYtthrMMQk
3. According to the NY State Archives Dept employee time records must be retained for a minimum of 6 years.
Schedule ED-1 Personnel/Civil Service 2. 3.
Employee’s time records covering leave, absences, hours worked and scheduling, and including but not limited to employee’s time cards or sheets, request for change of work schedule, vacation schedule, report of absence and request for leave without pay: RETENTION: 6 years
These missing records are of public interest and I am appealing the response that they cannot be furnished. I have also copied Richard Condon and SCI intake as I believe there is criminal activity involved and a violation of Open Government.
Forwarded message ———-From: Francesco Portelos Date: Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM Subject: FOIL REQUEST – Principal Timecards To: JBaranello3@schools.nyc.gov Cc: MBest@schools.nyc.gov, DMWalcott@schools.nyc.gov
Dear Mr. Baranello,
Pursuant to the New York Freedom of Information Law, please send me copies by Email of the following records:
1) Principal Linda Hill’s (R049) time cards for all per-session activity from January 2009 to February 2012.
2) The periodic time sheets, or equivalent records, that were submitted to the Per Session Payroll Unit (or wherever they may have been submitted), and that reflect, or contain, the number of per session hours for which Principal Linda Hill had been paid during each reporting period from January 2009 to February 2012.
3) Assistant Principal Denise Diacomanolis’ (R049) time cards for all per-session activity from January 2009 to February 2012.
4) The periodic time sheets, or equivalent records, that were submitted to the Per Session Payroll Unit (or wherever they may have been submitted), and that reflect, or contain, the number of per session hours for which Assistant Principal Denise Diacomanolis had been paid during each reporting period from January 2009 to February 2012.
The time cards are probably located at IS 49 in Staten Island, and the periodic time sheets are probably located at both IS 49 and 65 Court Street.
I would appreciate a response within five business days of receipt as required by law.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- I’m working on reconfiguring my site now, adding a FOIL section and a play by play tour as well as a daily Rubber Room journal.
- My partner and I just filed for our official US Patent for Faceshop.me. Even if Google Shopping or someone buys us out for millions I am not backing down on this fight.
- Federal Court case September 11, 2012
- My wife and I are expecting our second child in a few weeks!!!!
- The petition that accidentally closed is opened again